- Issue Time
You can read this article to get the steps to correctly install the aluminum sliding window, so as to better install and use the aluminum sliding window, so as to prevent some troubles in the future.
Aluminum sliding windows are very popular among users because of their flexible operation and easy installation. Aluminum sliding windows are used as a protective line for home safety. The following steps must be strictly followed during the installation process.
1. Spring line
(1) Leading straight line: After finding the position of the window on the top floor of the building, take the window edge line as the criterion, use a theodolite to draw the edge line down, and mark the windows on each floor respectively.
(2) Bouncing horizontal line: The horizontal position of the window should be based on the +50cm horizontal line. Measure the height of the underside of the window and straighten the bouncing line. The elevation of the lower skin of each floor and the same room should be kept the same.
2. Calibrate the entry and exit positions
Determine the entry and exit position of the aluminum sliding window in the thickness direction of the wall according to the large sample drawing of the external wall and the width of the window sill. If the thickness of the external wall deviates, in principle, the exposed width of the window sill in the same room should be consistent.
3. Anti-corrosion treatment
The outer periphery of the aluminum sliding window frame shall be treated with anti-corrosion treatment in accordance with the requirements of the design drawings.
4. The window frame is in place
After the aluminum sliding window frame is on the wall, it is roughly placed on the installation position line in the hole.
5. Correction and fixation
After the frame is erected, its verticality, levelness, diagonal, and depth position should be adjusted and corrected. After meeting the requirements, it should be temporarily fixed with a wooden wedge.
6. Connect the frame and the wall
The aluminum sliding window frame is connected to the wall, and the expansion bolts are used to connect to the wall through the connectors that are pre-installed on the window frame.
7. Adjust the peripheral gap
After the aluminum sliding window frame is installed and fixed, check whether its verticality, levelness, diagonal, and depth position are displaced during the fixation. If it does not meet the requirements, immediately rectify and adjust the peripheral gaps after confirming that it is correct. Treat the gap between the aluminum sliding window frame and the wall according to the design requirements. During the filling process, prevent the aluminum sliding window frame from colliding to avoid deformation.
8. Install fixed glass
(1) To install the fixed glass, first tear off the protective film on the window, clean it, and then put the glass in place.
(2) The size of a single piece of glass is small, and it can be operated with both hands.
(3) When the size of a single piece of glass is larger, it can be installed with a glass suction cup.
(4) Before installing the glass, a 3mm thick elastic pad should be placed around the glass to buffer the impact of opening and closing forces.
(5) The spacer should be located at 1/4 of the side length of the glass.
(6) The glass should not be in direct contact with aluminum alloy profiles and screws to prevent chipping.
(7) Then buckle the pressure strip, and then fill and glue the sealing strip according to the design requirements.
(8) The sealing tape (gluing) should be flat, smooth, free from looseness, and dense to avoid water seepage.
9. Install window sashes
(1) Installation conditions: The installation of aluminum sliding window sash should be carried out when the civil engineering construction is basically completed to keep the aluminum sliding window intact.
(2) Installing the sliding window sash: Before installing the sliding window sash, first, remove the protective tape and check whether the sealing strips on the sash are missing or falling off. If there is falling off, it can be bonded with glass glue. Insert the top of the window sash into the upper chute of the window frame, and make the pulley stuck on the track of the lower chute. After the installation is complete, carry out debugging to ensure that the push-pull is flexible and compact.
10. Install hardware accessories
After finishing the interior decoration, you can install hardware accessories (handles, locks, etc.). The hardware should be complete, matching, firm installation, flexible to use, correct in position.
11. Glue and clean up
(1) Gluing: On the sides of the inner and outer sides of the window frame against the wall, and at the joint between the frame and the frame. First cut off the remaining protective paper around the outer frame, and then clean the surface of the object in contact with the glue, then use a glue gun to press the sealant along the gap, and make the glue surface flat, uniform, smooth and free of pores. After the glue is applied, it must be guaranteed not to be shaken within 24 hours to ensure a firm seal.
(2) Clean up: Clean the grout and glue stains on the frame, fan, glass, and window sill with a cloth.
BODWINDOOR, as an expert in studying aluminum sliding windows for many years, can give you some professional advice to a certain extent. If you want to know more about sliding windows after reading the above, you can get a comprehensive solution by contacting us.
As a professional manufacturer of aluminum doors and windows, we have always been committed to providing customers with high-quality products and thoughtful services. We insist on putting the needs of customers first and establishing a professional production team and management system. We can also provide corresponding customized services and effective solutions. If you are interested in our aluminum windows, please contact us immediately!